As we all know, the Web is an increasingly important source in many aspects of life: education, employment, commerce, government, health care, recreation and more. As a result, it is essential that the Web provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with disabilities. Currently most Web sites and Web software have accessibility barriers that make it difficult and sometimes even impossible for many people with disabilities to use the Web. But an accessible Web can help people with disabilities become more active in society.
Pojo.me is proud to announce their latest Accessibility plugin. Since much of the focus on Web accessibility has been on the responsibilities of Web developers, this plugin will facilitate developers to produce and evaluate accessible Web sites, and be usable by people with disabilities.
After many trials with various websites, we have successfully created an accessibility plugin for Pojo users to easily design websites which provides many special features that will suit the needs of the masses. Below is a list of the details of the special features. We encourage you to take a closer look and enjoy all the perks of our plugin for your convience.
Accessibility plugin’s features:
Resize font (increase/decrease)
Readable Font: Resets embedded fonts
Of course the customized toolbar is also fully compatible with mobile
Redirect to help and support pages:
- Map Site: Redirect the users to an HTML map site if you have one on your site.
- Help: Redirect the users to pages that explain and describe the site’s accessibility.
- Feedback: Redirect to a contact page that enables feedback regarding accessibility.
It’s important you always display an option for sending feedback regarding accessibility, so you can improve accessibility issues that users send you.
Additional Options and Settings:
- Activate the toolbar according to device: Desktop / Tablet / Mobile
- Toolbar position: Right / Left/ Top
- Toolbar color design
- Control over the focus on the elements’ hover
- Add “Skip to Content” link
- Add focus on hover for links with tabs
- Force the links to open in the same tab or window
- Add role=link to all the site’s links
- Set the toolbar’s title
- Customized titles for every feature on the toolbar
So what are you waiting for?
As part of the accessibility plugin’s launch we’ve released an updated version for all our themes with a number of improvments that we’ve added to a number of areas on the site, so you’re invited to update our theme to the latest version and receive our accessibility plugin for direct installation on your site.
Start enjoying a more accessible website.